Software Development Policies and Procedures Manual
Improve the management of your software development projects with this easily editable Software Development Policies and Procedures Manual. This procedures supplement includes prewritten MS-WORD policies, procedures & forms for software project management. (DOWNLOAD ONLY)
Assists Software Development Managers
Do you have a software development policy in place? This Software Development Policies and Procedures Manual is designed to assist small to medium-sized software development firms in preparing a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual.
It includes the complete software development life cycle starting from the creation of a software development plan using an example software development plan template you can use for managing software development projects and continues through software design reviews, programming, software testing, and software release.
Each procedure and form can be customized to fit your team and operations. The content is also included in Bizmanualz core IT procedures manual.
Improves Key Software Development Procedures Functions
Improve the management of the key functions of software development including project management, analysis, design, programming, testing and support.
- Software Project Definition Procedure
- Software Project Management Procedure
- Software Systems Analysis Procedure
- Software Design Procedure
- Software Programming Procedure
- Software Documentation Procedure
- Software Testing Procedure
- Software Design Changes Procedure
- Software Releases Procedure
- Software Support Procedure
- Software Consulting Services Procedure
- Software Training Procedure
The files above include 51 Software Development Procedure activities along with the following 18 Software forms:
- Software Consulting Agreement
- Software Copyright
- Software Copyright Form TX
- Software Design Review Checklist
- Software Document Change Control
- IEEE Software Engineering Standards
- Software Limited Warranty
- Software Product License Information
- Software Progress Review Checklist
- Software Project Plan
- Software Project Status Report
- Software Project Test Checklist
- Software Project Test Problem Report
- Software Project Test Script
- Software Request for Document Change (RDC)
- Software Development Statement of Work
- Software Team Review Checklist
- Software Work Product Review Checklist
Order Your Software Development Policies and Procedures Manual Now For Immediate Download
The 140 page Software supplement comes with 14 easy-to-edit Microsoft Word document files. Available as a convenient downloadable file (312 KB compressed Zip).
Take advantage of this special Software Development Procedures package and start saving yourself the time and money to develop this material. DOWNLOAD Yours Now. It will help you in conforming to the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Maturity Model for software development. What is the SEI Maturity Model? The following are the 5 Levels as defined by SEI.
SEI Maturity Model Level I (“We are doing the best we can”)
Often characterized by chaos, periodic panics, and heroic efforts required by high quality individuals to successfully complete software projects. Everyone is doing the best they can under the circumstances. Few if any software development processes are in place; successes may not be repeatable. Resulting software product may work, although they may exceed the schedule, go over budget, and have lingering quality issues.
SEI Maturity Model Level II (“We can repeat our success”)
Basic software project tracking, requirements management, realistic planning, and configuration management processes are in place; successful software practices can be repeated. Process discipline is beginning, documentation is in place and records are kept to document what is working.
- Software Life Cycle Assessment
- Software Project Planning
- Software Requirements Management
- Software Project Tracking
- Software Configuration Management
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Software Backup Procedures
SEI Maturity Model Level III (“We can consistently repeat our success”)
Standard software development and maintenance processes are integrated throughout an organization; a Software Engineering Process is in place, and training programs are used to ensure understanding and compliance.
Software Development Process
- Software Tool Selection
- Software Development Methodology
- Software Documentation Requirements
- Software Scheduling
- Resource Allocation
- Subcontractor Management (if applicable)
- Software Coding Standards
- Software Test Requirements
- Levels of Testing / Formal and Informal
- Resources and Tools
- Make Versus Buy of the test environment
- Regression Testing Policies
- Software Reviews – Customer and Internal
- Problem Tracking During Development
- Responsibility / Oversight
- Software Risk Management
- Software Safety
Software Maintenance Process
- Software Change Management
- Regression Testing Requirements
- Resource Management
- Software Warranty
- Subcontractor Management
Software Quality Assurance
- Software Quality Plan
- ISO 9000 Considerations
SEI Maturity Model Level IV (“We know why we are successful”)
Software metrics are used to track productivity, processes, and products. Software project performance is predictable, and quality is consistently high.
- Software Productivity Metrics
- Software Process Metrics
- Software Product Quality Metrics
SEI Maturity Model Level V (“We know we are the best”)
The focus is on continuous software process improvement. The impact of new software development processes and technologies can be predicted and effectively implemented when required. Software development may be characterized as agile, nimble, and very capable of meeting customer requirements.