Software Releases Procedure
The Software Releases Procedure maintains consistency and high quality of software products throughout all releases and updates.
The Software Releases Procedure applies to all company designed and developed software products and updates. (12 pages, 2129 words)
Software Releases Responsibilities:
The Product Manager decides how many versions of a product the company will maintain and support.
Programmers use the software component library to control all changes, comment on the changes made, and indicate version numbers.
The Quality Assurance Manager manages the software library and releases software versions that successfully pass testing.
The Software Designer determines the specific software components that make up the final product release.
Software Releases Definitions:
Software version – Consists of software components and corresponding documentation. Generally, a version is a checkpoint at which a particular thing or idea varies from its previous state or condition.
Software release – A software release refers to the creation and availability of a new version of a computer software product. Each time a software program is changed, the programmers and company doing the work decide on how to distribute the changes or the changed system or program to those people using it.
Software Releases Procedure Activities
- Software Releases and Updates-Introduction
- Software Version Control Standards
- Software Configuration Control Standards
- Software Release Control Standards
- Software License, Warranty, and Copyright
Software Releases Procedure References
- ISO/IEC 12207:1995-Information Technology-Software Life-Cycle Processes
- IEEE/EIA 12207.0- Standard Industry Implementation of International Standard ISO/IEC 12207:1995
Software Releases Procedure Forms
- Software License Agreement Template
- Software Limited Warranty Template
- Software Copyright Notice Template