Controller Job Description
Included in these items:MORE SAVINGS
|Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual||$ 397.00|
|How to Write Job Descriptions Guide||$ 14.95|
CONTROLLER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Directs the accounting and control functions, reporting the results of operations, and provides chronological systems.
CONTROLLER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements accounting policies, coordination of systems and procedures, and the preparation of operating data and special reports as required, including interim and year-end financial statements. Maintains company’s system of accounts; keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Establishes, coordinate, and administers as an integral part of management, an adequate plan for the control of operations including, profit planning, programs for capital investing and financing, sales forecasts, expense budgets, and cost standards, together with necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- In conjunction with the President and Vice President of Finance, coordinates, reviews, and endorses budget proposals and discusses proposed changes and significant changes.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards, and reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management.
- Provides for the control and editing of all company orders, to insure conformity to established policies and procedures, and to facilitate data control and retrieval of records generated by these orders.
- Establishes and administers tax policies and procedures.
- Supervises or coordinates the preparation of reports to government agencies.
- Coordinates all matters of business between the company and its stock transfer agents and registrars.
- Provides other managers and departments with information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing, and assuring proper insurance coverage.
- Assists Marketing in establishing and maintaining product pricing policies.
- Liaison between the company and legal counsel. Recommends appointment of independent auditors, overseeing their audit work.
- Provides advice on all matters to the Vice President of Finance and the President.
Reports to the Vice President of Finance. Supervises accounting staff and the Purchasing (Procurement) Manager.
The Controller Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
A college degree is required with a major in accounting and a CPA designation preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people is essential. Good leadership skills are beneficial. Familiarity with common accounting and spreadsheet software applications is required.
CONTROLLER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Ability to communicate orally with board of directors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected; exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally required. Good manual dexterity required for the use of common office equipment, such as computers, calculators, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
You may also like…
Accounting Policies and Procedures ManualRated 4.47 out of 5
There are no reviews yet.