Administrative Assistant Job Description Template Word
Are you looking for a comprehensive and customizable job description template for an administrative assistant position? Look no further than our Administrative Assistant Job Description Template Word product.
Our template is designed to help you create a job description that accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities of an administrative assistant in your organization. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands, and work environment.
With our template, you can easily tailor the job description to your specific needs. Simply edit the text to reflect the unique requirements of your organization and the administrative assistant role you are looking to fill.
Our Administrative Assistant Job Description Template Word product is also optimized for search engines, making it easy for job seekers to find your job posting online. By using relevant keywords and phrases, you can increase the visibility of your job posting and attract more qualified candidates.
Don’t waste time creating a job description from scratch. Our Administrative Assistant Job Description Template Word product is a cost-effective and time-saving solution that will help you attract the best candidates for your administrative assistant position.
Order now and start creating a job description that accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities of an administrative assistant in your organization.
Responsible for performing a variety of administrative, office, and clerical functions.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative assistance to the President and other company officers as required or as requested including word processing, transcription, information research, filing, taking and directing telephone messages. Drafts memos, financial and other reports as appropriate. Makes arrangements and assists with executive management meetings, conferences and board of directors meetings.
- Schedules and performs word processing and spreadsheet activities; formats, revises and prints out final copies of complex documents for other employees.
- Maintains and manages computer network and ensures appropriate back-up and storage of computer files. Trains employees and assists with questions or problems related to computer hardware/software. Coordinates with outside computer programmers, consultants and contractors.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining office equipment; arranges for repairs when necessary. Makes recommendations for new or additional office equipment as appropriate. Supervises receptionist and performs duties in receptionist’s absence.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and updating office policies and procedures including scheduling appointments, processing mail, answering phones, and ordering supplies.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for the company; researches and makes flight, hotel, and rental car reservations in accordance with company policies and to obtain the most economical and efficient travel. Creates travel itinerary and schedules in accordance with authorized travel requests.
- Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
Reports directly to Vice President of Finance and Administration. Assists and coordinates activities with the President and other managers in the company. Supervises Receptionist.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma is required. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people is essential.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision, and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is important. Able to understand and utilize management reports, memos and other documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.