ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Performs accounts receivable functions including billing, processing of invoices, collection of invoices, and record keeping.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives completed sales orders from shipping; verifies accuracy and completeness of all required information including current pricing, extensions, discounts applied, and shipping and handling charges.
- Codes sales orders with account numbers by sales/product classifications for cost of goods sold, keypunches sales orders into computerized accounts receivable system. Prints billing invoices daily and mails to customer.
- Prints monthly statements and sends to customers. Prints, verifies, and maintains accounts receivable invoice records, sales and cost of sales reports, open and aging reports, and journals.
- Receives checks and prepare deposit slips. Prepares and keys remittance advices for posting checks received. Updates and reviews aged receivables for unpaid balances.
- Verifies monthly totals of sales distribution, sales history, returns, and allowances and cash receipts journal. Coordinates closing with General Accounting Manager.
- Communicates with customers regarding their billing and assists the Credit Manager with collections.
- Performs other accounting duties as requested by the Controller.
Reports directly to the Controller. Provides assistance to and receives direction from the General Accounting Manager. Coordinates activities with the Credit Manager.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|AS1060 Sales Orders||AS9100|
|CSH102 Cash Receipts and Deposits||Accounting Manuals Template|
|CSH103 Problem Checks||Accounting|
|CSH104 Wire Transfers||Accounting|
|INV102 Inventory Counts||Accounting|
|QP1080 Sales Orders||ISO 9001 QMS|
|REV105 Shipment of Goods||Accounting|
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma is required; coursework in accounting preferred, as is experience with accounts payable. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people is essential. Familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet applications (e.g., QuickBooks, MS-Excel) is required.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and coworkers, both individually and in front of a group is important. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision, and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is important. Able to understand and utilize accounting reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
There are no reviews yet.