Product Design Review Checklist Template
A Product Design Review Checklist Template, appropriate to the product, should be constructed using PM1010-4 DESIGN REVIEW CHECKLIST for guidance. The Product Design Review Checklist Template may include, but need not be limited to, the following:
- Physical characteristics, constraints, and aesthetic specifications;
- Safety needs of the user, environmental compatibility, and the need for fail-safe characteristics;
- Considerations of unintended uses and misuses;
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards;
- Labeling, including warnings, identification and traceability, operating and maintenance instructions;
- Packaging, handling, shelf life, storage and stability requirements; and more.
The design team will be responsible for assuring that all parts and materials used in product design have the reliability necessary to achieve their intended purposes. For some parts and materials, this assessment can be done in-house while for others, it may be necessary to contract with suppliers or outside test labs. The reliability goal should be based on the severity of use and importance of the part/material function. The Product Manager should refer to the Design Review Checklist when periodic project reviews are conducted.
Product Design Review Checklist Template Details
Format: Microsoft Word 2013 (.docx)
Manual: Sales and Marketing
Category: Product Management
Procedure: Product Development Procedure PM1010
- PM1010-1 REQUEST FOR ENGINEERING ACTION
- PM1010-2 REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION
- PM1010-3 PRODUCT BRIEF
- PM1010-5 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- PM1010-6 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR NON-ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- PM1010-7 PRODUCT TEST
There are no reviews yet.