Product Brief Template
The Marketing Manager and the Engineering Manager (and other areas/departments, as needed) should prepare a Product Brief Template, the purpose of which is to help translate the requirements definition and customer expectations into a preliminary set of specifications as the basis for subsequent design work and analysis. The following items are typically included in a product brief:
- Performance characteristics (e.g., environmental, usage, safety, reliability);
- Aesthetic/sensory characteristics (e.g., appearance);
- Installation, configuration, or fit;
- Packaging characteristics;
- Applicable standards and statutes/regulations;
- Similarity to previous products or designs; and
- Quality assurance/verification.
PM1010-3 PRODUCT BRIEF should be submitted to the Product Manager for evaluation. The Product Manager should thoroughly evaluate the technical assessment and Product Brief and decide if the project is to go forward. If the decision is made to proceed, the Product Manager should establish a Product Development Plan, describing activities, goals, checkpoints (milestones), timelines, and a budget for each phase of the project.
Product Brief Template Details
Format: Microsoft Word 2013 (.docx)
Manual: Sales and Marketing
Category: Product Management
Procedure: Product Development Procedure PM1010
- PM1010-1 REQUEST FOR ENGINEERING ACTION
- PM1010-2 REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION
- PM1010-4 DESIGN REVIEW CHECKLIST
- PM1010-5 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- PM1010-6 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR NON-ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- PM1010-7 PRODUCT TEST
There are no reviews yet.