Ideas for new products, services, or processes should be submitted to the Engineering Manager on the Engineering Action Request Template. PM1010-1 REQUEST FOR ENGINEERING ACTION should contain an adequate description of the idea and the potential benefits to the company and its customers should be explained.
- If possible, product requirements and objectives should be stated and should be specific.
- Any supporting documentation (e.g., spreadsheets, diagrams, charts) providing detailed information and clarifying concepts and issues should be attached to the PM1010-1 form before submission.
The Engineering Manager should assign a project (request) ID for tracking purposes and enter the Engineering Action Request Template and any attachments in a Product Development file or database. The Engineering Manager should track the status of each development project and provide a status report to Top Management and other interested parties.
The Product Manager should review the customer’s design objectives and requirements. If these requirements are not provided with the PM1010-1 REQUEST FOR ENGINEERING ACTION or the requirements provided are unclear or incomplete, Sales should obtain clarification from the customer.
- PM1010-2 REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION
- PM1010-3 PRODUCT BRIEF
- PM1010-4 DESIGN REVIEW CHECKLIST
- PM1010-5 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- PM1010-6 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR NON-ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- PM1010-7 PRODUCT TEST
You may also like…
Rated 5.00 out of 5$ 99.99
Rated 4.00 out of 5