Engineering Manager Job Description Template Word
Are you looking for a comprehensive and customizable job description template for an engineering manager position? Look no further than the Engineering Manager Job Description Template Word from Bizmanualz.
This template is designed to help you create a clear and concise job description that accurately reflects the responsibilities and requirements of an engineering manager role. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, education and experience, and physical demands.
With this template, you can easily tailor the job description to your specific needs and requirements. You can add or remove sections as needed, and customize the language to match your company’s culture and values.
Using a job description template can save you time and effort in the hiring process. It ensures that all candidates are evaluated based on the same criteria, and helps to attract the most qualified and suitable candidates for the role.
The Engineering Manager Job Description Template Word is available for immediate download, and can be edited and customized using Microsoft Word. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Invest in this template today and streamline your hiring process for engineering manager positions.
ENGINEERING MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Responsible for the research and development of new products or product changes from concept to full production. Coordinates engineering personnel and consultants/contractors.
ENGINEERING MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the research and development of new products as determined by the company’s product development plan. Continually researches for new methods or components to enhance or improve existing products.
- Coordinates and is responsible for activities of all engineering personnel and outside consultants and/or contractors; develops engineering action plans to guide timely and cost effective development of projects; maintains the system of budget and schedule control.
- Supervises engineering services for preparation and drafting of drawings, schematics, product specifications, bill of materials, operation/service manuals, assembly manuals, and other documentation necessary to manufacture new products.
- Prepares and/or reviews engineering change requests; discusses feasibility with product development committee; develops and oversees preparation and implementation of all engineering change notices and document change control.
- Assists and coordinates with Manufacturing for development of processes, tooling and molds necessary to produce new products.
- Provides Customer Service and Sales & Marketing Departments with orientation and training on new products, and assists with preparation of sales presentations, service/repair methods, and marketing literature.
- Performs other engineering duties as requested by the Vice President of Production and Operations.
Reports to Vice President of Production and Operations. Coordinates activities with Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service. Supervises all Engineers and Engineering staff.
The Engineering Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|AS1000 Document Control||AS 9100|
|AS1050 Customer and Product Requirements||AS 9100|
|AS1080 Design & Development||AS 9100|
|AS1090 Design Change||AS 9100|
|AS1100 Preproduction Quality and Planning||AS 9100|
|AS1140 Control of Production-Service Processes||AS 9100|
|AS1170 Customer Property||AS 9100|
|AS1230 Control of Nonconforming Material||AS 9100|
|FS1000 Document Control||ISO 22000|
|INV104 Customer Property||Accounting Manuals Template|
|PM1010 Product Development||Sales and Marketing|
|PM1040 Customer Requirements||Sales and Marketing|
|QP1000 Document Control||ISO 9001 QMS|
|QP1030 Control of Nonconforming Product/Material||ISO 9001 QMS|
|QP1100 Design and Development||ISO 9001 QMS|
|QP1160 Customer Property||ISO 9001 QMS|
ENGINEERING MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s of science degree with a major in engineering is required; professional engineer (PE) certification is preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good organizational, analytical, and leadership skills are beneficial. Familiarity with business or engineering management and spreadsheet applications is required. Must show work history of increasing responsibility; managerial experience is necessary.
ENGINEERING MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize Internet server and network reports to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.