SOFTWARE SUPPORT MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Software Support Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of Software Support, which advises and guides users of internally and externally developed applications.
SOFTWARE SUPPORT MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of Software Support analysts and technicians; act as mentor and coach to team members
- Provide product support to Software Support analysts / technicians
- Enable support analysts to diagnose and resolve customer problems and educate users on problem resolutions in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner
- Ensure customer requirements are met with consistently high quality of service
- Identify the need for new software products or enhancements to existing products
- Engage appropriate internal resources to resolve technical issues and update our customers on progress toward resolution
- Ensure that each support issue and resolution is adequately documented
- Periodically review software support log(s); track performance and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement
- Assist in the QA process of new iterations of the software
- Determine which issues require software support and redirect those that do not to the appropriate resolution team
Reports directly to the IT Manager. Works with Software Development, Technical Support, and other software-related departments.
The Software Support Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
|Procedure ID and Name||Policies & Procedures Manual|
|ITSW101 IT Project Definition||IT Policies and Procedures Manual /Software Development|
SOFTWARE SUPPORT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or computer science is required. Must have 5 or more years of experience as a service desk/help desk manager or installation/integration services manager or equivalent work experience within the (type of) industry.
Need experience with and a strong commitment to rigorous, quality-driven process methods. Must have strong presentation, interpersonal written and oral communication skills. Require project management experience; candidates with PMP are preferred.
Must have demonstrated the ability to provide consistent, high quality responsiveness and overall service to clients. Need to be able to build successful relationships with clients (in-house users) via telephone, email, IM, and in person. Presentation skills are necessary.
5+ years of experience with Java and/or C# required; experience with UML, Rational preferred.
SOFTWARE SUPPORT MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of phone, email, etc., for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common. Must also be able to position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks and on racks.
Occasional heavy lifting (30+ lbs.) can be expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and carrying binders, laptops) is more common. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting and in computing facilities. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
There are no reviews yet.