Financial Internal Audit Team Leader Job Description
Included in these items:MORE SAVINGS
|Finance Policies Procedures Manual||$ 347.00|
|How to Write Job Descriptions Guide||$ 14.95|
FINANCIAL AUDIT TEAM LEADER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Audit Team Leader oversees a team of auditors for the duration of an internal audit.
FINANCIAL AUDIT TEAM LEADER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the accounting and financial reporting processes and the audits of the financial statements of the company
- Evaluate and select an External Auditor
- Manage the Internal Audit process, develop and manage the Internal Audit schedule (or cycle), supervise Audit Team members, and report the Audit Team’s findings to the Audit Committee
- Review and approve of root cause analysis and investigate material errors in financial statements
- Review and approve the Internal Audit Department’s annual and long-range audit plans and activities, for reviewing significant findings and recommendations by Internal Audit and ensuring the adequacy of management’s corrective actions
- Conduct and supervise the IT Security audit; conduct opening and closing meetings for the audit; prepare and present the final audit report
Reports directly to the IT Security Manager or Accounting Manager.
The Financial Internal Audit Team Leader Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
|Procedure ID and Name||Policies & Procedures Manual|
|AC1000 Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance||Finance|
|AC1040 External Auditing||Finance|
|AC1050 Internal Auditing||Finance|
|FS1040 Financial Restatements||Finance|
|ITSD107 IT Security Audits||IT Policies and Procedures Templates|
FINANCIAL AUDIT TEAM LEADER QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma or GED plus 5 or more years of auditing experience is required; a bachelor’s degree (in accounting, computer science, or other appropriate field of study) and 2+ years of auditing experience are acceptable, as well. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. 3+ years of experience with appropriate computer applications is beneficial. Project management experience is preferred.
FINANCIAL AUDIT TEAM LEADER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and email for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Activities require the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time, occasionally move about inside the office to access files or office equipment, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, hand held devices, copy machine, and computer printer, and operate and monitor various medical equipment. Must be able to constantly position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and phone.
You may also like…
Finance Policies Procedures Manual | ABR42MRated 4.20 out of 5
There are no reviews yet.