Purchasing Manager Job Description Template Word
Looking for a comprehensive and customizable job description template for a Purchasing Manager position? Look no further than the Purchasing Manager Job Description Template Word from Bizmanualz.
This template is designed to help you create a clear and concise job description that accurately reflects the responsibilities and requirements of a Purchasing Manager. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, education and experience, and physical demands.
With this template, you can easily tailor the job description to your specific organization and industry. You can also use it as a starting point for creating job postings, performance evaluations, and other HR documents.
The Purchasing Manager Job Description Template Word is fully editable, so you can make changes and updates as needed. It is also available in both Word and PDF formats, making it easy to share with others in your organization.
By using this template, you can ensure that your job descriptions are consistent, accurate, and compliant with legal and regulatory requirements. You can also attract top talent by clearly communicating the expectations and opportunities of the role.
Invest in the Purchasing Manager Job Description Template Word from Bizmanualz and streamline your hiring and HR processes today.
PURCHASING MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for overseeing all inventory, supplies, and capital goods purchases for the organization. They evaluate and recommend vendors and determine the most cost-effective inventory and reorder levels. Negotiating price, delivery, and credit terms are among their responsibilities.
PURCHASING MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies, and capital equipment. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s). Periodically evaluates vendors/suppliers and advises Controller and Operations Manager when vendors are not meeting requirements. Evaluates and recommends new/substitute vendors, when necessary.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Responsible for evaluating, assessing and selecting vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality. Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records.
- Evaluates inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relationship to company’s cost of capital. Prepares monthly reports and reviews forecast of purchasing commitments with Vice President of Finance.
- Expedites purchase orders as necessary and ensures delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted manufacturing flow.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
Reports to the Controller. Coordinates activities with all departments, especially Manufacturing, Accounts Payable, and Receiving. Works with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure quality of purchased materials.
Supervises a team of Purchasing agents.
The Purchasing Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|AS1180 Control of Monitoring & Measuring Equipment||AS 9100|
|FS1090 Purchasing||ISO 22000|
|FS1100 Supplier Evaluation||ISO 22000|
|FS1140 Control of Monitoring and Measuring||ISO 22000|
|INV101 Inventory Control||Accounting Manuals Template|
|INV102 Inventory Counts||Accounting|
|INV104 Customer Property||Accounting|
|ITAM102 IT Asset Management||IT Policies and Procedures Templates|
|PUR101 Vendor Selection||Accounting|
|PUR102 Purchasing General||Accounting|
|PUR103 Purchasing Project||Accounting|
|PUR104 Receiving and Inspection||Accounting|
|PUR105 Shipping and Freight Claims||Accounting|
|PUR106 Accounts Payable and Cash Disbursement||Accounting|
|QP1170 Control of Monitoring & Measuring Equipment||ISO 9001 QMS|
|SEC118 Inventory Delivery Receiving Controls||Security Planning|
PURCHASING MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree (majoring in business administration or accounting) is required; preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are beneficial. Familiarity with accounting, purchasing and spreadsheet applications is required.
PURCHASING MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Must be able to apply knowledge of statistical tools to quality assurance. Must also be able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.