Quality Control Manager Job Description Template Word
Are you looking for a comprehensive and customizable job description template for a Quality Control Manager? Look no further than our Quality Control Manager Job Description Template Word product.
Our template is designed to help you create a job description that accurately reflects the responsibilities and requirements of a Quality Control Manager. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, education and experience, and physical demands and work environment.
With our template, you can easily tailor the job description to your specific needs and requirements. You can add or remove sections as needed, and customize the language to match your company’s tone and style.
Our Quality Control Manager Job Description Template Word product is also optimized for search engines, making it easy for job seekers to find your job posting online. By using relevant keywords and phrases, you can increase the visibility of your job posting and attract more qualified candidates.
Overall, our Quality Control Manager Job Description Template Word product is a valuable tool for any company looking to hire a Quality Control Manager. It saves time and effort by providing a comprehensive and customizable template, and helps attract qualified candidates by optimizing the job posting for search engines.
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Quality Control Manager ensures the implementation and maintenance of quality control procedures, in-process inspections, and finished product inspections.
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality, reviews and approves manufacturing and assembly instructions for adequate point of inspection operations; determines appropriate documentation for inspection points. Assists with development of finished product and component receiving inspection procedures and requirements.
- Supervises and/or conducts quality control reviews at established inspection points. Verifies and maintains quality control records. Recruits, trains and supports quality personnel to assure effective and competent performance of quality function.
- Participates in the review of all design, manufacturing, purchasing, and test documentation to assure conformance to quality control standards. This can include review of drawings, specification sheets, production procedures, testing and inspection standards, vendor inspections and customer contract specifications. Reviews and oversees implementation of engineering change notices and related document change control. Makes recommendations regarding facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures, and systems to carry out quality control function.
- Supervises tagging and quarantine procedures for rejection of in-process, finished product, and component receiving inspection areas. Authorizes rework, scrap, or return to vendor decisions; consults and reviews with Director of Quality, as necessary.
- Prepares and reviews complaint (quality) trends. Reports serious or repeated failures or unreliability in quality of products. Recommends corrective actions or plans/programs for overall defect reductions in products.
- Performs other quality control functions as necessary or as requested.
Reports to the Director of Quality. Works closely with Production, Engineering and Customer Service. Supervises all Quality Control personnel and Inspection areas.
The Quality Control Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|AS1150 Manufacturing||AS 9100|
|FS1120 Manufacturing||ISO 22000|
|PUR104 Receiving & Inspection||Accounting Manuals Template|
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor of science degree – science or engineering major – is required. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Leadership skills and experience are beneficial. Knowledge of statistical tools and techniques for ensuring quality (e.g., SPC) and spreadsheet applications is required.
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize Internet server and network reports to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive use of a computer and measuring devices.