CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Chief Executive Officer, or CEO, creates and communicates the organization’s vision and mission and leads strategy development, implementation, and revision. The CEO also oversees development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, helping formulate strategic objectives. To that end, the CEO must maintain an awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth.
The CEO leads a group of top executives, or “top management,” including but not limited to the chief financial officer, chief operations officer, chief technology officer, and chief sales & marketing officer.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participates in the financial management process.
- Approves and signs all financial statements, financial reports, and tax returns.
- Approves the Lead Management Plan, the MT1020-2 PUBLIC RELATIONS PLAN, the Advertising Plan, the MP1070-1 MARKETING PLAN, the MT1010-2 INTERNET PLAN.
- Conducts strategic planning and sets the Strategic Objectives for the Company.
- Develops the Company’s vision and mission statements, ensures that such statements are communicated to and understood by all employees, reviews the vision and mission statements, and ensures that changes are made to each, as needed.
- Ensures that the goals and objectives are appropriate for the Company, ensures that goals and objectives are communicated to employees, and monitors the Company’s progress.
- Ensures the situational analysis is appropriate for developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Gives the final approval of all salary adjustments, changes in job titles, or job responsibilities.
- Oversees investigations into reporting errors, preparing and submitting all financial restatements as required by law and by company policy, and prepares press releases about restatements.
- Reviews and approves the Risk Management Plan, as well as financial forecasts and forecasted financial statements.
- Reviews the market analysis and uses the information to help shape the MP1070-1 – MARKETING PLAN.
- Selects a Strategy Team and ensures the Team has the necessary resources to develop/refine strategies.
- Selects a Strategy Team, ensures the Team has the necessary resources, monitors the Team’s progress, and presents its findings to the Board of Directors.
- Signs all reported financial statements.
CEO ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Reports directly to the organization’s Board of Directors.
The Chief Executive Officer Job Description is mentioned in the following Bizmanualz procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|AC1000 Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance||Finance|
|AC1030 Risk Management||Finance|
|DEV105 Performance Appraisals||Human Resources|
|FS1000 Financial Forecasting||Finance|
|FS1010 Financial Reporting||Finance|
|FS1030 Financial Management Review||Finance|
|FS1040 Financial Restatements||Finance|
|ITAD101 Information Technology Management||IT Policies and Procedures Templates|
|MP1000 Strategy Team||Sales & Marketing|
|MP1010 Stakeholder Analysis||Sales & Marketing|
|MP1020 Vision and Mission||Sales & Marketing|
|MP1030 Marketing Research and Analysis||Sales & Marketing|
|MP1040 Situational Analysis||Sales & Marketing|
|MP1050 Goals and Objectives||Sales & Marketing|
|MP1060 Marketing Strategy||Sales & Marketing|
|MP1070 Marketing Plan||Sales & Marketing|
|MT1000 Advertising||Sales & Marketing|
|MT1010 Internet Marketing||Sales & Marketing|
|MT1020 Public Relations||Sales & Marketing|
|MT1050 Lead Managements||Sales & Marketing|
CEO CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, sales & marketing, engineering, or other suitable field is required.10+ years of experience in an officer’s role (e.g., CFO, CMO) with a medium- to large-size company is also required. Must have demonstrated the ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility and to lead effectively.
Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
CEO CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
Activities require the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time, occasionally move about inside the office to access files or office equipment, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, hand held devices, copy machine, and computer printer, and operate and monitor various medical equipment. Must be able to constantly position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force may be required. Good manual dexterity required for the use of computers, mobile devices, and other productivity technologies.
CEO WORK ENVIRONMENT
The CEO job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and phone are normal.
There are no reviews yet.