IT Disaster Recovery Procedure
The IT Disaster Recovery Procedure defines your company’s recovery objectives and assigns procedures for achieving those objectives. The IT Disaster Recovery Procedure ensures continuity of all of your company’s operations.
The disaster recovery policy applies to all your company’s personnel, IT system, networks and assets. (42 pages, 4121 words)
IT Disaster Recovery Responsibilities:
The Information Technology Disaster Recovery Coordinator is responsible for chairing the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Planning Committee, coordinating Information Technology disaster response and recovery, reporting on disaster response and recovery, and updating the Recovery Plan.
The Information Technology Security Manager is responsible for conducting and/or supervising testing of the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan.
The Information Technology Disaster Recovery Planning Committee is responsible for developing and reviewing the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan.
The Information Technology Storage Librarian is responsible for backing up and restoring company data.
The Tech Support Representative are responsible for various recovery tasks, such as installation and testing of replacement equipment, operations systems, applications software, communications, etc.
IT Disaster Recovery Definitions:
Business continuity – The degree to which an organization may achieve uninterrupted stability of systems and operational procedures.
Information Technology disaster – A sudden, significant event that may result in the loss or destruction of company information and/or loss of service on the company’s Information Technology network.
IT Disaster Recovery Procedure Activities
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan Review
- IT Disaster Recovery Plan Revision
IT Disaster Recovery Procedure References
- Bizmanualz Publication #ABR33M-Disaster Recovery Policies, Procedures, and Forms
- The Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act of 2002 (Sarbanes-Oxley, SOX)
- ISO/IEC Standard 27002:2013- Information Technology-Code of Practice for Information Security Management
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Expedited Funds Availability Act of 1989 (EFA)
IT Disaster Recovery Procedure Forms
There are no reviews yet.