The amount and degree of product testing should be related to the risks identified in the design-planning phase. Product testing should be documented to the extent possible, USING PM1010-7 PRODUCT TEST RECORD for guidance. The Product Test Record Template covers a description of the test, the test purpose (including goals), test location/environment, observations, and more. Product tests may include but need not be limited to the following:
- Product testing, either in-house or outsourced, to evaluate performance, durability, safety, quality, reliability, and maintainability characteristics under a range of expected storage and operational conditions;
- User trials and/or field trials of the product, to verify that the product functions under actual conditions and to assess the customer’s reactions and gain additional insight; and/or
- Pilot production, to test and refine the production process and help determine production costs and capabilities with greater precision, in accordance with the company’s Pre-Production Quality and Planning procedure.
The Engineering Manager should review the results of product tests and evaluations. Review of test results should include defect and failure analysis and indicate any resulting actions taken.
- PM1010-1 REQUEST FOR ENGINEERING ACTION
- PM1010-2 REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION
- PM1010-3 PRODUCT BRIEF
- PM1010-4 DESIGN REVIEW CHECKLIST
- PM1010-5 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- PM1010-6 DESIGN COMPLETION CHECKLIST FOR NON-ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
You may also like…
- Rated 5.00 out of 5$ 99.95
- Rated 4.00 out of 5
- Rated 5.00 out of 5$ 1.99