Project Manager Job Description Template Word
Are you looking for a comprehensive and customizable job description template for a project manager position? Look no further than the Project Manager Job Description Template Word from Bizmanualz.
This template is designed to help you create a clear and concise job description that outlines the responsibilities, qualifications, and expectations for a project manager role. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, education and experience, and physical demands and work environment.
With this template, you can easily tailor the job description to fit your organization’s specific needs and requirements. You can add or remove sections as needed, and customize the language to reflect your company’s culture and values.
Using a standardized job description template can help streamline the hiring process and ensure that all candidates are evaluated based on the same criteria. It can also help attract top talent by clearly communicating the expectations and opportunities associated with the role.
Don’t waste time and resources creating a job description from scratch. Use the Project Manager Job Description Template Word from Bizmanualz to create a professional and effective job description that will help you find the right candidate for your project management team.
PROJECT MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Project Manager supervises and directs project personnel and processes, to keep construction projects running smoothly and within budget without compromising safety and quality standards, as well as meeting customer, statutory/regulatory, and organizational requirements.
PROJECT MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops project schedules in conjunction with the Vice President of Production and Operations; plans, directs and assigns duties for project personnel; schedules and authorizes overtime as necessary to meet project schedules.
- Recruits, hires, and trains employees on manufacturing functions; conducts safety orientations and meetings; assures that established policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates with the Engineering Manager for development of manufacturing methods processes, tooling, and molds necessary to produce new products. Reviews and implements engineering change notices as appropriate; updates manufacturing documentation including assembly manuals.
- Oversees and supervise all functions including receiving of components, inventory control, production, and interim quality checks and shipping; assures compliance with all regulations and good manufacturing practices.
- Troubleshoots any project problems; assures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production; reports any process or equipment problems to Vice President of Production and Operations and/or Director of Quality.
- Performs other project duties as required.
Reports to the Vice President of Operations. Coordinates activities with Engineering, Sales, and Customer Service. Supervises all personnel assigned to a given project.
The Project Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|PUR103 Purchasing Project
|Accounting Manuals Template
|QP1090 Project Definition
|Quality Assurance Policy Statement and Procedures
|REV108 Progress Billing
|ITSW101 IT Project Definition
|IT Policies and Procedures Templates /Software Development
|ITSW102 IT Project Management
|Computer & Network (IT)/Software Development
|ITSW108 Design Changes During Development
|Computer & Network (IT)/Software Development
PROJECT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is required; a master’s degree in management is preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are needed. Experience with project management and spreadsheet applications is required. Desire someone with a record of increasing responsibility and accomplishment.
Project management certification (e.g., PMP) is highly desirable.
PROJECT MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Standing or sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect building plans, blueprints and drawings.
Heavy lifting is not expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally is required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines or measuring tools is required.
Good math and reasoning ability is essential. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as geometry, trigonometry, algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize architectural or engineering drawings, utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a variety of settings, including the office, manufacturing floor, and warehouse. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, and smoke may occur. Protective safety clothing/gear (including appropriate clothing, shoes, gloves, hardhat, and goggles) are occasionally required. Activities include extended periods of standing or sitting and extensive work with measuring devices and other machinery.