MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Responsibilities include handling financial concerns, maintaining computer data bases, assisting with mailings, ordering supplies, phone reception, filing and performing a variety of administrative office tasks as well as supervising administrative staff.
MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance to the Physician or partners as required or as requested including word processing, transcription, information research, filing, taking and directing telephone messages. Drafts memos, financial and other reports as appropriate. Makes arrangements and assists with management meetings, conferences and staff meetings.
- Schedules and performs word processing and spreadsheet activities; formats, revises and prints out final copies of complex documents for other employees.
- Maintains and manages computer network and ensures appropriate back-up and storage of computer files. Trains employees and assists with questions or problems related to computer hardware/software. Coordinates with outside computer programmers, consultants and contractors.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining office equipment; arranges for repairs when necessary. Makes recommendations for new or additional office equipment as appropriate. Supervises administrative personnel and performs duties in their absence. Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and updating office policies and procedures including scheduling appointments, processing mail, answering phones and ordering supplies.
- Responsible for HIPAA regulations and other accrediting agency regulations, medical practice acts, employment and safety laws, patient care laws, billing and insurance regulations or functions. Ensures medical staff receives appropriate education.
- Maintains office budget, oversees medical billing, and collections through electronic data interchange (EDI) claims submission and remittance of payments.
Reports directly to the Health Services Administrator. Assists and coordinates activities with the Physician(s) and other medical office staff. Supervises other administrative personnel, the Medical Records Administrator, and Receptionist.
MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma is required, a Bachelors degree is preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Ability to work in a team, resolve conflicts, and the ability to work independently. Proficiency with computers and previous medical office management experience is preferred.
MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The person in this position frequently communicates with patients and staff regarding medical treatments or therapies. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Activities require the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time, occasionally move about inside the office to access files or office equipment, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, hand held devices, copy machine, and computer printer.
Heavy lifting is not expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office and medical equipment such as computer terminals.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of medical and emergency problems. Able to apply algebra and other analytics as required. Able to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses. Able to understand and utilize management reports, medical charts and other documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional medical office or hospital setting. Exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions as well as loud noises, unpleasant odors and liquids may occur.
You may also like…
- Rated 4.71 out of 5$ 99.95