Responsible for coordinating and implementing all marketing functions in accordance with the company’s marketing plans.
MARKETING COORDINATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the company’s marketing plans and long-term objectives for products, services and markets.
- Under direction of Vice President Sales and Marketing, researches and analyzes the technological, demographic, financial, regulatory and competitive factors that may affect the present and future needs for the company’s products, product mix, marketing methods and distribution systems.
- Plans and implements the company’s advertising and promotion activities. Responsibilities can include copyrighting, design, layout, and production of supporting marketing literature. Assists and coordinates sales programs and special projects such as trades shows, seminars, and new product promotions.
- Coordinates public relations activities on behalf of the company including news and product releases to the media, customer newsletters and maintaining relations with industry trade associations.
- Prepares and updates as required, the company’s marketing plans and marketing reports. Maintains a marketing diary with copies of ads, promotions, etc.
- Assists the Vice President Sales and Marketing in all marketing, research, analysis, reporting, and implementation as requested.
Reports to Vice-President, Sales and Marketing; coordinates activities with Sales and Customer Service personnel.
MARKETING COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in the field of marketing is preferred; a bachelor’s in business administration is acceptable if the candidate has 3 or more years of work experience in marketing.
Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Knowledge of and experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications (e.g., Word, Excel) is needed. Experience with the Internet, web browsing, online services, and social media is preferred.
MARKETING COORDINATOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with management and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone, email, text messaging, etc., to communicate is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10 or more pounds of force (e.g., carrying a laptop or tablet) may be required. Good manual dexterity necessary for the use of common office equipment, such as computers, calculators, copiers/scanners, and/or fax machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. The candidate must be able to apply algebra, linear equations, and other analytics to work, as required. Must also be able to understand and utilize management reports, memos, and other documents in the normal course of conducting business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
You may also like…
- Rated 4.00 out of 5