Office Manager Job Description Template Word
Are you looking for a comprehensive and customizable job description template for an office manager position? Look no further than our Office Manager Job Description Template Word product.
This template is designed to help you create a job description that accurately reflects the responsibilities and requirements of an office manager role. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, education and experience, and physical demands.
With this template, you can easily tailor the job description to your specific needs and requirements. You can add or remove sections as needed, and customize the language to match your company’s tone and culture.
Using a job description template can save you time and ensure that you are creating a thorough and accurate description of the position. It can also help you attract the right candidates by clearly outlining the expectations and requirements of the role.
Our Office Manager Job Description Template Word product is available for immediate download, so you can start using it right away. It is compatible with Microsoft Word, making it easy to edit and customize to your needs.
Investing in a high-quality job description template can help you streamline your hiring process and find the right candidate for your office manager position. Order our Office Manager Job Description Template Word product today and take the first step towards building a strong and effective team.
OFFICE MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Office Manager is responsible for the general, day-to-day operations of the organization’s office. In addition, the Office Manager maintains data bases (e.g., customer, vendor) and assists with accounts payable and receivable, mailings, ordering supplies, phone reception, filing, and performing a variety of administrative office tasks.
OFFICE MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance to the President and other company officers as required or as requested including word processing, transcription, information research, filing, taking and directing telephone messages. Drafts memos, financial, and other reports as appropriate. Makes arrangements and assists with executive management meetings, conferences and board of directors meetings.
- Schedules and performs word processing and spreadsheet activities; formats, revises and prints out final copies of complex documents for other employees.
- Maintains and manages computer network and ensures appropriate back-up and storage of computer files. Trains employees and assists with questions or problems related to computer hardware/software. Coordinates with outside computer programmers, consultants and contractors.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining office equipment; arranges for repairs when necessary. Makes recommendations for new or additional office equipment as appropriate. Supervises receptionist and performs duties in receptionist’s absence.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and updating office policies and procedures including scheduling appointments, processing mail, answering phones and ordering supplies.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for the company; researches and makes flight, hotel and rental car reservations in accordance with company policies and to obtain the most economical and efficient travel. Creates travel itinerary and schedules in accordance with authorized travel requests.
- Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
The Office Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|ADM103 Document Control||HR|
|ADM104 Mail & Express Services||HR|
|G&A104 Management Reports||Accounting Manuals Template|
|G&A110 Document Control||Accounting|
|MDO101 New Patient Intake||Medical Office|
|MDO104 Post-Examination||Medical Office|
|MDO105 Examining Room Upkeep||Medical Office|
|MDO106 Staffing Policies||Medical Office|
|MDO107 Office Location||Medical Office|
|MDO108 Patient Education||Medical Office|
|MDO109 Health Insurance Portability & Accountability||Medical Office|
Reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration. Assists and coordinates activities with the President and other managers in the company. Supervise Receptionist.
OFFICE MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma or GED is required; an associate’s degree in accounting or business administration is preferred. Must have 3+ years of office management experience. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential; must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel).
OFFICE MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision, and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is important. Able to understand and utilize management reports, memos, and other documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting while working at a computer and occasional fast-paced operations and events.