Generates and follows up on sales leads in territory. Provides thorough product demonstrations and order quotations to customers and ensures customer satisfaction.
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows up on leads generated by marketing activities; telephones or visits potential customers to discuss needs and provide product demonstrations. Develops referrals and makes contacts to other potential candidates in assigned territory. Attends and works trade shows for company in assigned territory.
- Ensures contacts receive marketing literature and price catalogs; answers any questions and obtains any further information necessary for customers.
- Assists customers with ordering information and configurations; provides quotations on customer requirements and provides appropriate follow up.
- Reviews any questions or concerns with the Sales Manager; discusses any unique product configurations/problems with Customer Service, Engineering, or Production as necessary.
- Follows up with customers after receipt of their order; ensures equipment properly set up and functioning; verifies customer satisfaction and resolves any concerns.
- Submits reports to Sales Manager; provides weekly activity/call reports, lost sale reports and monthly sales forecasts for assigned territory.
- Provides briefings on sales activities, problems, etc., to Sales Manager as necessary or as requested. Performs any other appropriately related duty as requested by the Sales Manager.
The Field Sales Representative reports directly to the Sales Manager. Coordinates activities in territory with Marketing and Customer Service.
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE QUALIFICATIONS
A college degree with a major in business preferred. Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are beneficial. Familiarity with the sales process and spreadsheet applications is required.
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Regular travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is required. Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, ANOVA, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize sales/marketing reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The Field Sales Representative job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.
You may also like…
Rated 4.00 out of 5