Responsible for developing and coordinating the plans by which charity organizations raise funds, generate publicity and fulfill the organization’s fiscal objectives.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clearly defines and outlines the goal(s) of the fundraising effort being considered.
- Conducts feasibility studies to determine if there is community support for the cause.
- Drafts a fundraising plan, detailing the goals, steps to be taken, responsibilities of paid staff and volunteers and budget projections.
- Organizes training sessions for volunteers.
- Makes arrangements for publicity and press coverage.
- Researches possible large contributors, including philanthropic foundations, corporations, and wealthy individuals.
Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A college degree is preferred. The ability to work well with people is essential and leadership skills are beneficial.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with sponsors, management and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize sales/marketing reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.