Software Design Procedure | ITSW104
Included in these items:MORE SAVINGS
|IT Policies and Procedures Manual||$ 397.00|
|Software Development Manual||$ 99.99|
Software Design Procedure
The purpose of the Software Design Procedure is to transform a set of system requirements (developed by the systems analyst) into programming instructions for a software product.
The Software Design Procedure helps design software in a technically sound and efficient manner. This software procedure applies to all software products and updates released by the company. (6 pages, 1117 words)
Software Design Responsibilities:
The Software Designer is responsible for transforming system requirements developed by the systems analyst into programming instructions and then communicating the overall design approach. The Software Designer should write a description of the programming environment. They should also create a general design of the software required to fulfill the system requirements developed by the systems analyst. They might use the following tools:
- A word processing program, for typing text;
- A paint or draw program, for creating graphics;
- A flow charting program, for documenting data flows;
- A source code control system, for controlling program revisions; and
- A central database, for storing specifications, charts, and images.
Document ideas, comments, and concerns for possible investigation. Plan on spending as much time as necessary to answer any questions before turning the design over for programming. The more time spent in the early planning phases will help to create easier coding and save time later in the software programming phase. Users may request design changes during this or any other phase of the software development life cycle.
Software Design Procedure Activities
- Software Design-Introduction
- Software Design Specification
- Software Design Review
Software Design Procedure References
- ISO/IEC 12207:1995-Information Technology-Software Life Cycle Processes
- IEEE/EIA 12207.0-Standard Industry Implementation of International Standard ISO/IEC 12207:1995
Software Design Procedure Forms
You may also like…
IT Policies and Procedures ManualRated 4.50 out of 5
Software Development Manual | ABR226DWDRated 4.00 out of 5$ 99.99
There are no reviews yet.