The Healthcare Benefits Procedure presents a summary of your company’s medical plan. The plan is designed to make cost-effective insurance coverage available through group rates to employees’ eligible dependents and to help employees pay certain expenses.
The Healthcare Benefits Procedure applies to all full-time employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week and part-time employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week. (4 pages, 3360 words)
Healthcare Benefits Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Manager should be responsible for assisting employees with completing all benefits forms, answering questions about benefits, or interfacing with accounting regarding their healthcare files.
- Cost and Premiums
- Filing a Claim
- Termination and Conversion of Coverage
Healthcare Benefits Procedure References
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Affordable Care Act of 2010
Healthcare Benefits Procedure Forms