The FSMS Vendor Survey Form Template covers vendor name, quality contact, raw materials, customer complaint, compliance, and more. The Food Safety Team Leader should fill out an FS1100-2 VENDOR SURVEY FORM for all prospective Class I vendors. Class I Vendors covers if the vendor’s product affects food safety (e.g., raw materials, processing equipment, monitoring/measuring equipment, software):
- Unless already certified to ISO 22000, Class I vendors should require a second-party audit by a Food Safety Team to the ISO 22000 standard. In the course of the audit, the vendor must provide evidence that all of its processes affecting food safety are effectively documented and implemented. In order to remain on the Company’s Approved Vendor List, each vendor must be re-audited at two-year intervals or be certified to the ISO 22000 standard.
- Certification of conformance of a vendor’s HACCP plan(s) or PRP(s) may be substituted for the second-party audit requirement, but such vendors’ HACCP plans and PRPs are subject to a second-party audit to verify compliance at any time.
When using the Food Safety Vendor Survey Form for prospective vendors, keep in mind:
- Competitive pricing is but one component of the evaluation; pricing will not be the deciding factor unless competing vendors are equal in every other area.
- Prospective vendors should be subject to reference checks.
- FDS1100-1 FSMS APPROVED VENDOR LIST TEMPLATE
- FDS1100-3 FSMS APPROVED VENDOR NOTIFICATION TEMPLATE
- FDS1100-4 FSMS VENDOR PERFORMANCE LOG TEMPLATE