Software Services Procedure
The Software Services Procedure ensures that customers can effectively install and operate the software they purchase from your company. The support services procedure also ensures customer satisfaction with your company’s goods and/or support services.
The Software Services Procedure applies to all software products and updates released by your company. (10 pages, 1737 words)
Software Services Responsibilities:
Customer Software Consultants are responsible for developing custom solutions and recording their activities.
The Customer Consulting Manager is responsible for periodic reporting on consultants’ activities and helping improve consulting services.
Software Services Definitions:
Statement of Work (SOW) – A formal contract or agreement, signed by the client and the service provider, that states at a minimum the scope of work, deliverables, terms and conditions, and commercial details. It may also specify service level agreement requirements, quality expectations, resource descriptions, and reward-penalty clauses.
Service Level Agreement (SLA) – A binding contract, formally specifying or quantifying a customer’s expectations with regard to solutions and tolerances; a collection of service level requirements, negotiated and mutually agreed upon by the service provider and the consumer.
Software Services Procedure Activities
- Software Consulting-Introduction
- Software Consulting-Cost Estimates
- Software Consulting-Enhancements and Customization
- Software Consulting-Software Problems
- Software Consulting Services Review
Software Services Procedure References
- ISO/IEC 12207:1995-Information Technology-Software Life-Cycle Processes
- IEEE/EIA 12207.0-Standard Industry Implementation of International Standard ISO.IEC 12207:1995
Software Services Procedure Forms
- Software Consulting Agreement Form
- Statement of Work Form
- Software Consulting Customer Support Log Form