AS9100 Product Brief Template
The Aerospace Product Brief AS9100 Template helps translate customer requirements and expectations into a preliminary set of specifications as the basis for subsequent design, development, and analysis. AS1080-3 PRODUCT BRIEF should be prepared by the Marketing Manager and the Engineering Manager (and other areas/departments, as needed).
The following items are typically included in an aerospace product brief:
- Aerospace Performance characteristics (e.g., environmental, usage, safety, reliability);
- Aesthetic/sensory or appearance characteristics;
- Installation, configuration, or fit;
- Packaging and labeling characteristics;
- Applicable statutes/regulations or standards beyond AS 9100
- Similarity to previous products or designs (lessons learned); and
- Quality assurance/verification.
The Aerospace Product Brief should be submitted to the Product Development Team for evaluation. The Product Development Team should thoroughly evaluate the technical assessment and Product Brief and decide if the project is to go forward. If the decision is made to proceed, the Product Development Team should establish a Product Development plan, describing activities, goals, checkpoints, timelines, and a budget for each phase of the project.
The Aerospace Product Development plan should be submitted to Top Management for its approval. Upon receiving Top Management’s approval, the Product Development Team should assign a Product Manager to oversee planning and development and to periodically report project status to Top Management.
AS9100 Product Brief Template Details
- AS1080-1 ENGINEERING ACTION REQUEST AS9100 TEMPLATE
- AS1080-2 REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION AS9100 TEMPLATE
- AS1080-4 DESIGN REVIEW CHECKLIST AS9100 TEMPLATE
- AS1080-5 DESIGN CHECKLIST ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES AS9100 TEMPLATE
- AS1080-6 DESIGN CHECKLIST NON-ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES AS9100 TEMPLATE
- AS1080-7 PRODUCT TEST AS9100 TEMPLATE