ISO Identification Traceability Procedure
The ISO Identification Traceability Procedure outlines the content and format requirements for identification and caution labels attached to products in conformance with ISO 9001:2015.
This procedure applies to all products manufactured, distributed, or sold by your company. (6 pages, 1249 words)
ISO Identification Traceability Responsibilities
Receiving is responsible for identifying raw materials, parts, components, etc., as they are delivered to the company, confirming completeness and initial acceptability of incoming orders, and moving inspected items to appropriate areas.
Manufacturing (Processing) is responsible for maintaining parts, components, materials, and finished product identification through final processing and packaging.
Quality is responsible for maintenance of identification and traceability records, where required.
ISO Identification Traceability Definitions
Finished product – Product that will undergo no further processing or transformation within the company.
Material – Elements, constituents, or substances of which something is composed or can be made (including, but not limited to: raw and processed material: parts: components; assemblies: fuels: and other items which may be worked into a more finished form in performance of a contract).
Traceability – Ability to trace path, history, application, or location of something (document, work product, part, subassembly, etc.) by means of recorded information.
ISO Identification Traceability Procedure Activities
- Identification and Traceability – General
- Identification /Traceability System Development
- Identifying / Tracing Items
- Identification/Traceability Review
ISO Identification Traceability Procedure References
- Quality Procedures
- QP1000 Documented Information Control
- QP1030 Nonconforming Output Control
- QP1040 Nonconformity Corrective Action
- QP1210 Receiving Inspection
- ISO 9001:2015, “Quality Management Systems – Requirements”, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Sept., 2015 http://www.iso.org.
- ISO 10007:2003, “Quality Management Systems ” Guidelines for Configuration Management”
- ISO 21849:2006, “Aircraft and Space ” Industrial Data ” Product Identification and Traceability”
There are no reviews yet.