PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Public Relations Manager, or PR Manager, is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive public image for the organization. They develop materials for media release and plan and oversee public relations (PR) programs.
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write press releases and prepare information for the media
- Identify main client groups and audiences and determine the best way to reach them
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source
- Help the organization communicate effectively with the public
- Communicate information on product recalls to regulatory authorities and the public
- Develop and maintain their organization’s corporate image, identity, and brand(s)
- Draft speeches and arrange interviews for an organization’s top executives
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs to determine whether they are compatible with their organization’s public relations efforts
- Observe social, economic, and political trends that may impact the organization and recommend ways to enhance the firm’s image based on those observations
- Handle internal communications (e.g., newsletters, intranet)
Reports directly to the Marketing Manager. Works in conjunction with Marketing, Sales, Quality, and other departments, as needed.
The Public Relations Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
|Procedure ID and Name||Policies & Procedures Manual|
|FS1190 Product Recall||ISO 22000|
|PM1030 Product Recalls||Sales & Marketing|
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, or journalism is required; a master’s degree in public relations or journalism is preferred. Three years of experience in public relations is also required. Creative and technical writing experience are both helpful.
Good oral and written communication skills are essential; presentation / public speaking skills and experience are necessary, as well. PRSA or IABC certification is a definite plus.
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common. Must also be able to position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and carrying binders, laptops) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
You may also like…
- Rated 4.00 out of 5