The Vice-President of Sales & Marketing has overall responsibility for establishing and coordinating all marketing and sales strategies, plans, programs, and functions.
VICE-PRESIDENT-SALES & MARKETING ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop and implement an overall marketing and sales strategy for company products, including pricing and customer service policies and advertising programs. Develops marketing action plans that clearly define objectives, goals, schedules and assignments to implement and achieve targeted opportunities.
- To develop a plan and supporting procedures for customer order processing; to supervise a staff of salespeople and customer-service representatives who implement that plan.
- To carry out a program for market research and analysis including market segments, buying trends and competitor analysis.
- To provide recommendations for improving or adding new product designs and assists with product development and testing.
- Maintains relationships with advertising agencies, public relations firms and market research firms.
- Oversees and verifies reporting of sales and marketing activities, including leads generated and tracking reports, sales orders received, sales by product, backlog reports and customer lists and determines appropriate reporting frequency, such as weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
Directly accountable to the President and the board of directors through the President for the performance of all responsibilities related to sales and marketing. Provides reports or briefings on company sales and marketing activities as requested by the President and the board of directors.
Supervises the Sales Manager and Internet Marketing Manager.
VICE-PRESIDENT-SALES & MARKETING QUALIFICATIONS
A college degree is required with a major in business or marketing preferred. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are beneficial. Familiarity with marketing and spreadsheet applications is required.
VICE-PRESIDENT-SALES & MARKETING PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Regular travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is required. Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected; exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force may be required occasionally. Need good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, mobile devices).
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
You may also like…
Rated 4.00 out of 5