Sales Representative Job Description Template Word
Are you looking for a comprehensive and customizable job description template for your sales representative position? Look no further than our Sales Representative Job Description Template Word!
This template is designed to help you attract top talent by clearly outlining the responsibilities, qualifications, and expectations for the role. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands, and work environment.
With this template, you can easily tailor the job description to your specific company and industry needs. You can also use it as a starting point for creating job postings, interview questions, and performance evaluations.
Our Sales Representative Job Description Template Word is user-friendly and easy to edit. Simply download the template, open it in Microsoft Word, and customize it to fit your needs. You can add or remove sections, change the wording, and adjust the formatting as needed.
By using our Sales Representative Job Description Template Word, you can save time and ensure that your job descriptions are clear, concise, and effective. This can help you attract the right candidates, reduce turnover, and improve overall sales performance.
Don’t settle for a generic job description that doesn’t accurately reflect your company’s needs. Download our Sales Representative Job Description Template Word today and start attracting top sales talent!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Sales Representative receives requests and inquiries from customers and provides product and price information, including quotations (bids). They contact customers, explain product features, answer any questions that their customers may have, and negotiate prices.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how specific products and services can meet these needs.
- Help customers select products based on the customers’ needs, product specifications, and regulations.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Answer customers’ questions about prices, availability, and product uses.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Prepare sales contracts and submit orders for processing.
- Receive requests by telephone, fax or mail for price quotations/verifications, purchase orders, government bids, and changes or cancellations directly from customers.
- Respond immediately to customer inquiries/information needs and provides positive, courteous service to customers; answers questions regarding product line, prices, delivery times, warranty periods, customer service, and credit/financing arrangements.
- Utilizes Customer Service to send product literature, price catalogs, references and other data to customer as required.
- Prepares order configurations and price quotations and routes to customer; completes government bid requests and reviews with Sales Manager prior to submission to agency; writes letters to provide information to customer inquiries.
- Work with the Credit Department to establish new accounts.
- Assists customer in preparing and processing credit/financing arrangements paperwork.
- Submits sales activity and forecast reports to Sales Manager; provides briefings to Sales Manager as necessary or as requested.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Sales Manager. Coordinates activities with Marketing, Production, Accounting, and Customer Service.
The Sales Representative Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|REV101 Sales Order Entry
|Accounting Manuals Template
|REV103 Customer Credit Approval and Terms
|REV107 Sales Tax Collection
|AD1020 Sales Supplies
|Sales & Marketing
SALES REPRESENTATIVE QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma or GED is required; a bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is preferred. Good communications skills, a working knowledge of computer applications, and the ability to work well with people is essential. Proficient in telephone communications required. Competent in assessing customer needs and identifying sales opportunities. Ability to work independently with solid time-management and organization skills.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting expected; occasional exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and fax machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a typical office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, phone, and/or calculator.