Procurement Manager Job Description
Included in these items:MORE SAVINGS
|Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual||$ 397.00|
|How to Write Job Descriptions Guide||$ 14.95|
PROCUREMENT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
The Procurement Manager, or Purchasing Manager, buys products for the organization to use in its products or to resell. They evaluate suppliers (vendor evaluation), negotiate vendor / supplier contracts, and review (inspect) vendor products for quality and suitability for use.
PROCUREMENT MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains cost estimates for materials, supplies, and services
- Identifies potential vendors / suppliers, gathers and analyzes information on them; recommends prospective vendors to top management
- Prepares vendor contracts and negotiates terms with vendors
- Maintains inventories of raw materials, parts, and supplies and maintains records
- Periodically assesses inventories and compares with market activity; may recommend adjustment of the procurement plan to top management
- Orders materials from approved suppliers
- Reviews, analyzes receiving / inspection documentation; forwards receiving paperwork to Accounting for vendor payment
- Maintains records of approved suppliers and periodically evaluates vendor performance (e.g., conformance with stated requirements, trends, anomalies)
- With the Quality Manager, determines the disposition of nonconforming materials
Reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. Works in conjunction with R&D, Sales, Marketing, Production, and Accounting management.
The Procurement Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
|Procedure ID and Name||Policies & Procedures Manual|
|Standard Operating Procedures||AS 9100|
|AS1110 Supplier Evaluation||AS 9100|
|AS1120 Procurement||AS 9100|
|AS1130 Receiving and Inspection||AS 9100|
|AS1230 Control of Nonconforming Material||AS 9100|
|QP1030 Control of Nonconforming Product/Material||ISO 9001 2015 Procedures|
|QP1120 Vendor Evaluation||ISO 9001 QMS|
|QP1210 Receiving and Inspection||ISO 9001 QMS|
|QP1220 Purchasing||ISO 9001 QMS|
|PM1040 Customer Requirements||Sales & Marketing|
PROCUREMENT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree (in business administration or other suitable field) is required, as is 5+ years of work experience as a purchaser / buyer, preferably with a manufacturer. Preference will be given to those with a track record of leadership.
Must be capable of leading a small but diverse team. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others (in particular, establishing and maintaining good vendor relationships) are essential.
Procurement certifications (CSCP, CPPM, etc.) are a plus.
PROCUREMENT MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of phone, email, and even social media for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common. Must also be able to position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
Occasional heavy lifting (30+ lbs. – vendor samples, etc.) is expected; exerting 10+ lbs. of force (e.g., binders, laptops) is more common. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
The job is mostly performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Traveling to vendors, trade shows, etc., is necessary (about 33%). Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices, in meetings, etc., are common.
You may also like…
Accounting Policies and Procedures ManualRated 4.47 out of 5
There are no reviews yet.