Webmaster Job Description
Included in these items:MORE SAVINGS
|9-Manual CEO Company Policies and Procedures Bundle||$ 1,997.00|
|How to Write Job Descriptions Guide||$ 14.95|
Develops and maintains the company’s websites and web servers. Performs backups, maintains web server services and ensures user access to all domains. Monitors site traffic, generates reports for management, and scales websites and servers to meet traffic demands. Improves the company’s efficiency and assists with the design, look and feel for all websites.
WEBMASTER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement, roll out, and oversee web programs and manage e-commerce platforms.
- Oversee operational activities of all website(s), paying particular attention to marketing, content creation, and maintenance.
- Maintain an inventory of advertisements and manage the ad server software.
- Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website.
- Interface with IT and service providers to performance issues.
- Troubleshoot the site.
- Review statistics and monitor analytics.
- Maintain a responsive web design; stay up to date on the latest technologies and ensure the site is mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready.
- Plan for future changes to the website; scale websites and web servers to meet traffic demands.
- Produce monthly traffic reports for all websites.
- Develop, install, and maintain web servers, web services, domains, and web server security.
- Oversee new user setup and training, server back-ups, and administration of all domains.
Directly accountable to the Internet Marketing Manager. Provides traffic reports or briefings on company e-commerce activities, as requested by management.
A bachelor of science degree with a major in computer science or information management is required; an M.S. in computer science, information management, or similar discipline is preferred. Good communications skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. IT and project management experience are necessary.
Knowledge of HTML and PERL languages required. Experience with APACHE, SSL, FTP, DNS, TCP/IP and SENDMAIL services required. Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX, C, JAVA, XML, AJAX, PHP, and SQL a plus.
WEBMASTER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected; occasional exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force may be required. Need good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment, such as computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize Internet server and network reports to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
You may also like…
Rated 4.29 out of 5