Sales Order Clerk Job Description Template Word
The Sales Order Clerk Job Description Template Word is a comprehensive document that outlines the responsibilities and requirements of a sales order clerk. This template is designed to help businesses create a job description that accurately reflects the duties and qualifications of a sales order clerk, making it easier to attract and hire the right candidate for the job.
The Sales Order Clerk Job Description Template Word includes a detailed list of job duties, such as processing sales orders, managing customer accounts, and communicating with customers and sales representatives. It also outlines the necessary qualifications for the position, including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software programs.
Using this template can save businesses time and effort in creating a job description from scratch. It ensures that all necessary information is included and presented in a clear and concise manner. Additionally, the template can be customized to fit the specific needs of the business and the position.
Overall, the Sales Order Clerk Job Description Template Word is a valuable tool for businesses looking to hire a sales order clerk. It provides a comprehensive overview of the position and its requirements, making it easier to attract and hire the right candidate for the job.
The Sales Order Clerk receives requests/inquiries from customers and provides information and price quotations. In addition, they process orders and returns and coordinate activities with other departments through order completion.
SALES ORDER CLERK ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives requests by telephone, fax or mail for price quotations/verifications, purchase orders, government bids, and changes or cancellations directly from customers. Responds immediately to customer inquiries/information needs and provides positive, courteous service to customers; answers questions regarding product line, prices, delivery times, warranty periods, customer service and credit/financing arrangements.
- Sends product literature, price catalogs, references, and other data to customer as required.
- Prepares order configurations and price quotations and routes to customer; completes government bid requests and reviews with Sales Manager prior to submission to agency; writes letters to provide information to customer inquiries as needed.
- Works with the Credit Department to establish new accounts; assists customer in preparing and processing credit/financing arrangements paperwork.
- Assists in handling the needs of Field Sales Representatives; works with Production to expedite or insure timely delivery of scheduled shipments; maintains close liaison with other departments to carry order through to completion.
- Prepares returned goods paperwork, including original purchase order, copies of invoice and packing list and completes Returned Goods Authorization and forwards to Receiving and Accounting.
- Submits sales activity and forecast reports to Sales Manager; provides briefings to Sales Manager as necessary or as requested. Performs any other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the organization’s Sales Manager. Coordinates activities with Marketing, Production, Accounting and Customer Service.
SALES ORDER CLERK QUALIFICATIONS
An associate’s degree is required; a bachelor’s degree in business is desired. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Leadership skills are beneficial. Experience with Microsoft Office (esp. Word and Excel) is required.
SALES ORDER CLERK PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and email for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment, such as a computer, calculator, copier/scanner, and fax machine.
Good reasoning and math ability, as well as language skills, are required to solve a wide range of business problems. Must be able to understand and utilize management reports, memos and other documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and phone.