FINANCIAL MANAGER SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Financial Manager is responsible for the financial well-being of the organization. They develop strategies and plans for the organization’s long-term financial objectives, produce financial reports, and direct investment activities.
FINANCIAL MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, and financial forecasts.
- Ensure that the organization’s financial records and recordkeeping methods are in compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Manage employees and contractors who are responsible for financial reporting and budgeting.
- Periodically review the organization’s financial reports and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Analyze data and advise top management on how to maximize profits.
- Analyze market trends and identify opportunities for growth/expansion.
- Oversee organization’s investments.
- Give final approval to expenditures greater than (n dollars).
Reports directly to the organization’s President.
The Financial Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|G&A108 Property Tax Assessments||Accounting Manuals Template|
|PUR101 Vendor Selection||Accounting|
|ITAD109 IT Outsourcing||IT Policies and Procedures Templates|
|ITAM102 IT Asset Management||Computer & Network (IT)|
|ITAM103 IT Vendor Selection||Computer & Network (IT)|
|FA1010 Management Responsibility||Finance|
|FA1040 Record Control||Finance|
|FS1100 Supplier Evaluation||ISO 22000|
FINANCIAL MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration is required. Five or more years’ experience as a financial analyst is also required.
Must have demonstrated ability to lead a team of 6 or more. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people with and without finance/accounting backgrounds are essential. Project management experience is a must.
Preference will be given to candidates with Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
FINANCIAL MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with top management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common. Must also be able to position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and carrying binders, laptops) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.