The Payroll Procedure provide guidelines relative to payroll matters including employee classifications, pay periods, voluntary and court mandated deductions (garnishments, child support, etc.) record keeping and privacy.
The Payroll Procedure applies to all employees of your company. (18 pages, 4626 words)
The Controller should be responsible for overseeing the execution of company policy for payroll records.
The Human Resources Manager should be responsible for assisting employees with completing all payroll or benefits forms, answers to questions about their payroll records, or interfacing with accounting regarding their payroll files.
The Accounting Manager should be responsible for the calculation and distribution of paychecks.
The File Manager will be responsible for categorizing and maintaining a listing of records maintained and the location (i.e. by wall unit and shelf row number).
Supervisors are responsible for collecting and submitting their department’s Time Sheets to Accounting in a timely fashion.
Payroll Procedure Activities
- Payroll Records
- Payroll Deductions
- Payroll Adjustments
- Vacation Pay
Payroll Procedure References
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Equal Pay Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- IRS Revenue Procedure 98-25 Records Retention
- Federal Insurance Contribution Act (FICA)
- Federal Unemployment Act (FUTA)
Payroll Procedure Forms
- Bi-weekly Time Sheet Form
- Federal Income Tax Calendar Form
- Electronic Funds Transfer Authorization Form
You may also like…
- Rated 4.00 out of 5$ 99.95