A design review checklist should be constructed, as appropriate, using ENG108-1 PRODUCT DESIGN REVIEW CHECKLIST as a guide. The design review should consist of an evaluation of the design, assuring that each checklist item is adequately addressed. The design review checklist should include the following items:
- Physical characteristics, constraints, and aesthetic specifications;
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and national and international standards;
- Labeling, including warnings, identification, and traceability, operating, and maintenance instructions;
- Ease of installation, reliability, serviceability, and maintainability requirements;
- Selection of materials, components, and sub-assemblies, including approved suppliers and availability; and more.
Review results from the Engineering Product Design Review Checklist Template should be documented and signed by designated individuals as complete and accurate. All changes made as a result of review findings should be documented. Reports should include conclusions and recommended follow-up and should be disseminated in a timely manner to appropriate organizational functions, including Top Management.