CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Customer service representatives interact with the company’s customers to provide information about the organization’s products and services, respond to customer complaints, take orders, and process returns.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects responses (leads), updates the MT1060-2 LEADS DATABASE, and monitors and reports on the status of direct mail campaigns.
- Coordinates the quotation process and prepares Quotations.
- Interfaces with customers after the sale and for monitors and relates information pertaining to how customers perceive the company’s ability to satisfy their requirements.
- Maintains ongoing relations, post-sale, with each customer (relationship management) and maintains the company’s customer files (customer database). Within ongoing relations are included: receiving customer complaints and/or comments; investigating complaints/comments; and resolving or obtaining resolution.
- Notifies Production and Purchasing of the customer’s intent to supply materials during the quotation and contract review processes and coordinates delivery of customer supplied materials.
- Reviews sales orders to ensure requirements are adequately defined, that the order is consistent with the quotation if one was provided, and that the company has the capability of meeting the defined requirements.
- Listens to and records customer feedback (negative and positive) information onto the SL1050-1 CUSTOMER FEEDBACK form.
- Prepares Returned Goods Authorizations and resolves damages and discrepancies.
Reports directly to the Customer Service Manager. Assists and works in conjunction with Customer Service staff to facilitate smooth office operations.
The Customer Service Representative Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
|Procedure ID and Name||Policies & Procedures Manual|
|AS1050 Customer and Product Requirements||AS 9100|
|AS1060 Sales Orders||AS 9100|
|AS1070 Customer Communication||AS 9100|
|AS1170 Customer Property||AS 9100|
|AS1190 Customer Satisfaction||AS 9100|
|INV104 Customer Property||Accounting Manuals Template|
|QP1080 Sales Orders||ISO 9001 QMS|
|QP1190 Customer Satisfaction||ISO 9001 QMS|
|REV101 Sales Order Entry||Accounting|
|REV110 Customer Returns||Accounting|
|SL1050 Customer Service||Sales and Marketing|
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE QUALIFICATIONS
A high school diploma or GED is required; college-level coursework in communication desired. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Experience with CRM applications is beneficial.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Activities require the ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time, occasionally move about inside the office to access files or office equipment, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, hand held devices, copy machine, and computer printer, and operate and monitor various medical equipment. Must be able to position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
No heavy lifting is expected; exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, phones, calculators, copiers, and fax machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Customer contact center workers usually sit at a workstation with a telephone, headset, and computer. These centers may be crowded and noisy, and the work can be repetitive or stressful, with little time between calls. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and phone.
You may also like…
- Rated 4.00 out of 5