The Marketing Manager should formalize the Advertising Plan in accordance with MT1000-3 ADVERTISING PLAN. The Advertising Plan Template should:
- Contain an executive summary or overview of the Plan;
- Concisely explain the message to be conveyed;
- State the advertising goals and objectives;
- Identify advertising media the company will use, such as the Internet, direct mail, trade shows, etc.;
- List the schedule and timing of advertising events;
- List roles and responsibilities;
- Set out the overall advertising budget for the coming year and budget guidelines/details for individual strategies; and
- Describe how the Plan’s progress and effectiveness will be measured.
The Marketing Manager should review the Advertising Plan Template with key Department Managers (Departments that are impacted by the Plan, e.g., Sales, Production) to be sure the Plan is understood, to assure Departments buy into the Plan, and to make adjustments to the Plan, as needed. The Marketing Manager should then submit the MT1000-3 ADVERTISING PLAN to the CEO for approval. When advertisements do not yield expected results or whenever the company or the business environment undergoes a significant change, the Marketing Manager should revise the Advertising Plan.
- MT1000-1 ADVERTISING REVIEW WORKSHEET (SAMPLE)
- MT1000-2 ADVERTISING OBJECTIVES-STRATEGIES WORKSHEET
- MT1000-4 ADVERTISING SCHEDULE (SAMPLE)