Investigation Report Template
The Investigation Report Template is used to document the statement of employees suspected of embezzlement. As a private person acting as the investigator, you do not have the legal obligation to inform a person suspected of a crime of his/her rights against self‑incrimination, as does a sworn law enforcement officer. Don’t overlook the significant advantage of stating a similar admonition to a suspect employee, however.
If you will be acting as the embezzlement investigator, draft your own suspect admonition to create an emotional impact and establish your authority, as long as similar statements are included in your company’s employee handbook or other distributed materials.
EMB500-1 INVESTIGATION REPORT-STATEMENTS suggests admonitions such as:
- You are an employee of this company, and subject to the same policies, procedures and standards of behavior and performance as all other employees;
- The company is conducting an investigation in connection with an event(s) involving economic loss or injury to the company’s business, such as theft, embezzlement, misappropriation, or an act of unlawful industrial espionage or sabotage;
- The company believes that you, as an employee, had access to the property, goods, title, or money that is the subject of the investigation
Investigation Report Template Details
Format: Microsoft Word 2013 (.docx)
Manual: Accounting Manuals Template
Category: Embezzlement Prevention
- EMB500-2 SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY REPORT
- EMB500-3 SECURITY OFFICER MEMO
- EMB500-4 EMBEZZLEMENT PREVENTION TRAINING ROSTER
- EMB500-5 EMBEZZLEMENT PREVENTION TRAINING EVALUATION
There are no reviews yet.