The Marketing Researcher collects, analyzes, and interprets data to determine potential sales of the organization’s products and services. They also look for opportunities to develop new products/services.
MARKETING RESEARCHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts studies of products, including collecting information on brand names and packaging as well as studies of competitor’s products.
- Conducts studies of sales methods and policies, including collecting information on sales by geographical areas, population changes, and seasonal sales trends.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations on subjects from customer preferences to methods and costs of distribution and advertising.
- Researches available printed or online data (e.g., market databases) and accumulates new data through personal interviews and questionnaires.
- Determines the method of study (e.g., observation, survey questionnaire). Designs questionnaires and analyzes (and sometimes codes) results. Presents/delivers study reports (executive summary and details) and makes recommendations.
Reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Works with statisticians, tabulators, interviewers, focus group moderators to gather, analyze, and prepare marketing data for presentations.
The Marketing Researcher Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|MP1030 Marketing Research and Analysis||Sales & Marketing|
MARKETING RESEARCHER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing or business administration is required, as are excellent grammar, math, and communication skills, oral and written. Good presentation skills are essential. Prefer someone with successful interviewing experience, either by phone or in person; quality of interviews preferred over quantity.
Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word are required; experience with statistical analysis software (e.g., Minitab) is strongly preferred. Experience with the Internet, web browsing, and online services is preferred.
MARKETING RESEARCHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasional travel by airplane and automobile to conduct business is necessary (10-20%). Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and coworkers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected; exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force (e.g., laptop, tablet) may occasionally be required. Require good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, copier/scanners).
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical methods (e.g., ANOVA, correlation techniques, and sampling theory) as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Must be able to understand and utilize market and financial reports.
The job is usually performed indoors in a traditional office setting; occasionally observe, interview, or conduct analysis offsite (e.g., where customers purchase company’s products). Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
You may also like…
- Rated 4.00 out of 5