Receptionist Job Description Template Word
Are you looking for a comprehensive and customizable receptionist job description template? Look no further than the Receptionist Job Description Template Word from Bizmanualz.
This template is designed to help you create a job description that accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities of a receptionist in your organization. It includes sections for job summary, essential duties and responsibilities, qualifications, and physical demands.
With this template, you can easily tailor the job description to your specific needs and requirements. Whether you need a receptionist to answer phones, greet visitors, or perform administrative tasks, this template can help you create a job description that attracts the right candidates.
Using the Receptionist Job Description Template Word can also help you ensure that your job description is compliant with employment laws and regulations. The template includes language that can help you avoid discriminatory language and ensure that your job description is inclusive and welcoming to all candidates.
Overall, the Receptionist Job Description Template Word is an essential tool for any organization looking to hire a receptionist. With its customizable format and comprehensive sections, this template can help you create a job description that accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities of a receptionist in your organization.
The Receptionist answers telephone calls, greets visitors, handles incoming and outgoing mail and express envelopes, performs general office duties, and furnishes clerical support for the office staff.
RECEPTIONIST ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and registers patients in a friendly and professional manner; registers all patients in log book; verifies services and payer information, notifies the person(s) being visited; stays within the vicinity of the reception area at all times and coordinates with the Office Manager for substituting during any absence.
- Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously; screens calls, transfers caller to correct individual; does not leave a caller on hold or unattended for more than 40 seconds; takes complete and accurate messages when person called is unavailable and distributes messages in a timely manner.
- Activates the answering machine at the end of the day and/or places the PBX system on “night ring” mode. Checks the answering machine in the morning and retrieves messages and delivers accordingly.
- Receives and sorts incoming mail, express envelopes and courier deliveries; distributes mail to employee mailboxes; delivers express envelopes and courier deliveries directly to recipient.
- Prepares and posts all outgoing mail and express envelopes daily; maintains, checks and refills postage meter; logs outgoing express envelopes; arranges courier services.
- Unlocks office supply cabinet at 8:00 a.m. and locks the cabinet at 5:00 p.m.; checks inventory of mailroom, office, and kitchen supplies on Friday of each week and prepares order forms accordingly, receives approval from Office Manager and places orders.
- Prepares reception area with marketing literature, magazines, and reading material as directed by the Office Manager. Straightens and maintains orderly appearance of reception area; waters office plants in reception area weekly.
- Performs routine clerical functions as requested.
Reports directly to Medical Office Manager. Assists and works in conjunction with medical office staff to facilitate smooth office operations.
The Receptionist Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
Procedure ID and Name
Policies & Procedures Manual
|ADM105 Telephone Answering
|ADM106 Property & Access Control
|MDO102 Front Office Duties
|MDO103 Billing Procedures
|MDO108 Patient Education
A high school diploma or GED is required; an associate’s degree in business is preferred. Good oral communication skills and the ability to work well with customers and staff are essential. Experience with Microsoft Office (esp. Word and Excel) is preferred.
RECEPTIONIST PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected; exertion of 10+ lbs. of force is occasionally required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment, such as computers, calculators, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and phone.