The Internet Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and growing the popularity of and traffic to the organization’s website(s). Produces web pages, monitors traffic reporting systems, and assists with online promotions. Uses a variety of software programs/applications to contact prospect websites and build traffic relationships. Maintains and grows high search engine rankings and popularity. Builds affinity or affiliate programs, as needed.
INTERNET MARKETING MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining key indicators of website popularity and efficiency, such as:
- Use search engine submission and popularity programs to maintain placement in the top ten of the major search engines.
- Use link management software to build and maintain the cross-link database with other websites.
- Develop web design guidelines, search engine and website popularity, and affinity or affiliate program plans to ensure a steady stream of traffic and future sales.
- Average link popularity.
- Average search engine position by keyword.
- Average number of web sales per day.
- Average number of Leads per day added to the prospect database.
- Percentage of orders per 100 visitors (conversion ratio).
- Average number of visitors, page views, and home page hits per day.
- Grow the prospect database by 1,000 (one thousand) inquiries per week. Inquiries include pop-up forms, lead requests, fax requests, and any other means that will ensure a steady stream of qualified leads to sales.
- Implement, roll out, and oversee of web programs. Manage the Internet E-commerce platforms including the operational activities of all website(s) with specific attention aimed at marketing, content creation, and maintenance. Responsible for the creation, installation, and maintenance of web servers, web services, domains, and web server security. Scales websites and server to meet traffic demands.
- Submit traffic activity and forecast reports to Vice President of Sales and Marketing; provide briefings to Vice President of Sales and Marketing as necessary or as requested. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Coordinates activities with Sales and Marketing Managers.
The Internet Marketing Manager Job Description is mentioned in the following procedures:
INTERNET MARKETING MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree is required; a computer science or information management major or equivalent work experience is preferred. Must be a savvy web user with knowledge of site traffic terminology. Working knowledge of search engines to include spiders, html, meta-tags, and keywords.
Traffic reporting systems experience is a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail is imperative. HTML coding and Excel experience is preferred. Must be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position within a dynamic, team-based environment with solid time-management and organization skills.
INTERNET MARKETING MANAGER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize Internet server and network reports to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
You may also like…
Rated 4.00 out of 5