IT Asset Standards Procedure
The purpose of the IT Asset Standards Procedure is to specify and define minimum standards for IT assets under your company’s control.
The IT standards procedure minimizes complexity and cost of building and managing IT systems. It applies to all of your company-controlled IT assets. (12 pages, 1785 words)
IT Asset Standards Responsibilities:
Information Technology Managers are responsible for reviewing Information Technology asset standards.
The Information Technology Asset Manager is responsible for developing the company’s Information Technology asset standards, for reviewing such standards from time to time with Information Technology Managers, and for communicating these standards in an effective and timely manner to the Tech Support Manager.
The Tech Support Manager is responsible for implementing the company’s Information Technology asset standards.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for communicating special employee requirements to the Information Technology Asset Manager.
IT Asset Standards Definition:
Information Technology Asset – Any computer hardware, software, Information Technology-based company information, related documentation, licenses, contracts or other agreements, etc.
IT Asset Standards Procedure Activities
- IT Asset Standards Development
- IT Asset Standards Implementation
- IT Asset Standards Assessment
IT Asset Standards Procedure References
- Americans with Disabilities Act(ADA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Computer Society (IEEECS) Standards
- International Association Information Technology Asset Managers (IAITAM)
- Bizmanualz Document #ABR41M- Human Resources and Forms
IT Asset Standards Procedure Forms
- IT Asset Standards List Form
- IT Asset Configuration Worksheet Form
- IT Asset Standards Exception Request Form