DIRECTOR OF SPONSORSHIP MARKETING SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Corporate marketing position responsible for building and leading all phases of a sponsorship program. This involves responsibility for developing and maintaining a marketing plan for the sponsor program in order to meet or exceed the overall business objectives. Responsibilities include sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, and sponsor follow-up and support.
DIRECTOR OF SPONSORSHIP MARKETING ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a sponsorship sales plan for increasing revenues in a cost-effective manner. Target objectives include increasing sponsorship sales and creating sponsorship products and licensing deals in order to meet or exceed the overall business objectives.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship budget to achieve the sales plan.
- Develop and implement an annual trade show or other events to assist in achieving the business objectives.
- Develop, maintain and implement sponsorship program guidelines to increase sponsorship recruitment, satisfaction, and support.
- Manages all sponsorship activities. Responsible for sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up and support, trade shows development and representing the company at industry functions.
- Interface with Internet Marketing to create and manage online sponsorship programs to ensure a steady stream of prospects and future sales.
- Submit marketing plans, prospect activity, and forecast reports to the President; provide briefings to others as necessary or as requested. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Vice-President, Sales & Marketing. Works with other Marketing managers and staff.
DIRECTOR OF SPONSORSHIP MARKETING QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate has an MBA in marketing. Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail is imperative. Must be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position within a dynamic, team-based environment with solid time-management and organization skills.
DIRECTOR OF SPONSORSHIP MARKETING PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Ability to communicate orally with board of directors, customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, telephone, and other devices.