Files Records Management Procedure | G&A102
Included in these items:MORE SAVINGS
|5-Manual CFO Internal Control Procedures Bundle| Save 34%||$ 1,497.00|
|Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual||$ 397.00|
The Files Records Management Procedure helps control records in an orderly fashion for time periods that comply with legal and governmental requirements.
Utilizing a Files Records Management Procedure will ensure the utmost document management efficiency.
Accurately managing your documents is also necessary for general business requirements to outline the methods for filing, retaining and disposing of business records. The company document management procedure applies to all business documentation generated by your company. However, this does not necessarily cover internal or certain day-to-day business correspondence. (14 pages, 3451 words)
To ensure efficient access, filing centers should be established in each department. To reduce the amount of duplicate and unnecessary record retention, individual desk files should be avoided unless they are used in daily operations. All other departmental or company records should be filed in the departmental central filing areas. Storage of archived records will be maintained in the locked storage area of the building. Access to this area will be limited to the Controller, officers of the Company and the File Manager.
Files Records Management Responsibilities:
The File Manager will be responsible for categorizing and maintaining a listing of records maintained and the location (i.e. by wall unit and shelf row number).
The Controller is responsible for overseeing the execution of company policy for Record Retention, Storage and Destruction of obsolete company records.
- Filing System
- Record Retention Policy and Long Term Storage
- Record Destruction
Files Records Management Procedure References
- Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Employment Polygraph Protection Act
- Equal Pay Act
- Executive Order 11246
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Guide to Record Retention Requirements
- IRS Revenue Procedure 98-25 Records Retention
Files Records Management Procedure Forms
You may also like…
- Rated 4.50 out of 5
- Rated 4.64 out of 5