FSMS Flow Diagram Template
The Food Safety Team Leader should prepare a FSMS Flow Diagram Template for each product or process category covered by the FSMS. FS1060-1 FLOW DIAGRAM EXAMPLE is a sample flow diagram for a seafood products company, showing the process steps in order. Flow diagrams provide a basis for evaluating any possible occurrence, increase, or introduction of food safety hazards. Flow diagrams should be clear, accurate, and sufficiently detailed and should include the following, as appropriate:
- The sequence and interaction of all steps in the operation;
- Any outsourced processes and subcontracted work;
- Where raw materials, ingredients, and intermediate products enter the flow;
- Where rework and recycling take place; and
- Where end products, intermediate products, by-products, and waste are released or removed.
Hazard analysis is the process of collecting and evaluating information on hazards associated with a food ingredient/product, to determine which hazards are significant and must be addressed in the HACCP plan. Hazard analysis consists of two steps, identification and evaluation. By ensuring accurate, thorough, and effective hazard analyses, the company is better able to guarantee the safety and efficacy of food products and/or ingredients under its control and ensure that its products conform to customer and statutory/regulatory requirements.
FSMS Flow Diagram Template Details
Format: Microsoft Word 2013 (.docx)
Manual: ISO 22000
Procedure: FSMS Hazard Analysis Preparation Procedure FDS1060
There are no reviews yet.