External Property Control Procedure AS9100 | AQP1160
Included in these items:MORE SAVINGS
|AS9100 Quality Procedures Manual||$ 499.00|
External Property Control Procedure AS9100
The External Property Control Procedure AS9100 defines the methods to be used to identify, verify, protect, and safeguard customer property while it is in the company’s control. The procedure applies to any items supplied by aerospace customers, including aircraft components and materials supplied for inclusion in products, tooling and fixtures used in manufacturing and inspection processes, and intellectual property. (4 pages, 662words)
External Property Control Procedure AS9100 Responsibilities
Customer Service is responsible for notifying Production and Purchasing of the customer’s intent to supply materials during the quotation and contract review processes and coordinating delivery of customer supplied materials.
Inventory Control is responsible for identifying items as coming from or belonging to the customer, keeping those items segregated from other production materials/tools, and maintaining control of customer inventory.
Production or Engineering is responsible for managing customer supplied tooling and fixtures.
Engineering is responsible for managing and safeguarding customer’s or external provider’s intellectual property.
External Property Control AS9100 Definition
Intellectual property – Creation(s) of intellect having commercial value, including copyrighted (e.g., literary or artistic works) and ideational property (e.g., patents, appellations of origin, business methods, and industrial processes).
- Receipt, Inspection, and Stocking of Customer Supplied Items
- Intellectual Property
- Unsuitable or Missing Items
- Ongoing Control
- AS9100:2016 Rev D, “Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations”, SAE International, Sept., 2016.
- Aerospace Quality Procedures
- AQP1000 DOCUMENTED INFORMATION CONTROL
- AQP1030 CONTROL OF NONCONFORMING OUTPUTS
- AQP1150 IDENTIFICATION AND TRACEABILITY
- AQP1210 RECEIVING AND INSPECTION
External Property Control AS9100 Forms
- Materials Return Notice
- Customer File (database)
- External Provider File (database)
- External Property Tooling/Fixture File (database)
- External Property Log