The Product Identification Label Template assures that all products are labeled with adequate information to properly identify products and give warning statements to satisfy requirements by regulatory agencies, customers, and internal departments such as shipping and customer service.
ENG109-1 PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION LABEL (EXAMPLE) should, at a minimum, contain the following information:
- The generic name of the product, if applicable;
- The Company’s trade or model name for the product;
- The model number and serial number;
- Product description, as required by applicable statutes and regulations;
- Company name and address;
- Country where material originated and where assembled (e.g., “Made in the USA,” “Assembled in Mexico of USA components”);
- Patent number(s), if applicable and as required by law; and
- Independent testing agencies’ certifications (e.g., Underwriters’ Laboratories (UL), CSA, etc.).
For electromechanical products, the following additional information should be provided:
- The product or common name.
- Date of manufacture (Month and Year-Unabbreviated).
- Electrical requirements including volts, hertz, and amperes or watts.
- Other pertinent electrical characteristics