Financial Information Release Log Template
The CFO should log each request for financial information during a given fiscal year, as well as note whether the request was fulfilled or denied, in the Financial Information Release Log Template. The CFO should determine the appropriate response for each financial information request, and enter each request in the FS1050-2 FINANCIAL INFORMATION RELEASE LOG, along with appropriate information, such as:
- Name of requester and date of request;
- The reason for the request (and possible referral to reporting agency);
- Whether the request is approved or denied with appropriate notes or reasons (particularly for denial);
- Contact information for providing financial information;
- The appropriate financial information to provide (i.e. most recent financial statements, most recent pro-forma statements, most recent annual financial statements); and
- The types of financial statements to provide (i.e. Balance Sheet only, full set of Financial Statements, Summarized Statements).
The CFO should determine if the release of financial information to certain parties requires signing a nondisclosure agreement prior to release, and note this requirement on the Financial Information Release Log by listing the date the nondisclosure request or form is sent in the appropriate column.
Financial Information Release Log Template Details
Format: Microsoft Word 2013 (.docx)
Category: Financial Statements
Procedure: Financial Information Release Procedure FS1050